Referring a Child to Granada

How is a child referred to Granada?

As a Specialist mental Health Clinic, we require a GP or other medical referral (Paediatrician, Area Medical officer). In order to make a referral the doctor must first seen and assess the child to consider whether referral might be helpful.

Typically a doctor will advise that a child is referred when significant concerns have been raised regarding a child's psychological well-being. If a Teacher or Social Worker is concerned about a child, he/she should recommend to the parent that the child be brought to a GP so a decision can be reached as to the need for referral to a CAMHS clinic.